Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in UK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in UK.

2014-05-19 07:50

Portas is a hardworking person that is an asset to all he associates with and to the country at large.

2014-05-19 07:56

Please let him stay!!

2014-05-19 07:57

Such a hardworking gentleman and an asset to our country.

2014-05-19 08:17

Mr Ongondo is has devoted huge time and energy to the school and to all of the groups who use the school building. It is right that he should stay in the UK where he has contributed to community, and be near to his family, who whilst adults, are very young adults, and need continued support.
Di

#30 Portas

2014-05-19 08:59

Portas is a key member of the school & a role model to all. He is hard working & nothing is too much trouble for him. He is the type of person we need more of in the UK.
I appreciate we need to have laws regarding immigration, however it is a sad day when criminals are allowed to stay in the country after their release, people are allowed to stay because they have a cat (I kid you not!) but an individual who has worked hard to support himself and his family is forced to leave!
We hope and pray that the powers that be show some compassion and allow Portas to stay for the sake of his children and the benefit of the community and the country.

2014-05-19 09:20

I was shocked to discover Portas was not a UK citizen, as he seems so well integrated into English life and culture, complying with, and indeed modelling, all the best of moral behaviour, with his natural courtesy, compassion, humility and servant-hearted hard work

2014-05-19 10:47

Mr Ongondo works hard and is not a drain on Uk resources. He has family here and despite his family being older, they need him, just as he need them. He is very popular and it would be very sad for the community if he is not allowed to stay in the UK.

2014-05-19 11:27

Portas is a hardworking person that is an asset to all he associates with and to the country at large.

2014-05-19 15:57

I agree with this petition. Portas is not a drain on our country. He works very hard for his living. The government should pay particular attention to those who come here to cause trouble, not a hardworking man like Portas. CYNDY
Charlotte - yr 6

#35 The best superintendent ever!

2014-05-19 15:58

It would be such a shame if Mr. Ong'ondo was forced to leave, as he is hard- working, friendly an a asset to all. Please (please!) get everyone in your family with an email to sign this petition and help Mr. Ong'ondo. What use is it when only one person from each family signs this? We need 1000 signatures - anyone you know with an email, get them to sign this! The more the better, and remember to tell all your family and friends to sign it to! It will only take 1-2 minutes (precisely!) so please spare this short amount of time to put your name and email to help someone else. We love Mr. Ong'ondo and it would be a disappointment if he left! Every signature makes a difference! PLEASE SIGN!

2014-05-19 18:01

Best of luck

2014-05-19 20:00

Portas is one of the most hardworking,caring and honest people I have had the pleasure to meet and work with.He values his job and considers the UK to be his home.He loves his family and they in turn need his support.I fail to understand why we as a country are denying him his human right to stay.We do not deport criminals who have been convicted in our justice system of murder and rape - because of their human rights and yet are considering deporting a decent man.Is this British justice?

2014-05-20 18:54

Portas is a valued member of our school and village community. He has engaged in school life and is very popular with parents and children alike.

2014-05-21 18:18

As usual bureaucrats with no common sense, he has a useful job, he pays taxes, he supports himself and his family and is active in his Church and community, AND THIS IS THE TYPE OF PERSON THE UK DOESN'T WANT!!!!! Get rid of the mindless rule followers instead!!!!!

2014-05-21 20:05

Portas is a role model for immigration and someone must show leadership and judgement so that the law can be seen to serve the community it is designed to protect as much as Portas serves the Collingham community he lives and works in. Help Portas stay here where he belongs.
JT

2014-05-21 20:11

Portas is not only a valued member of our school staff team he is also an important member of our village community. He has engaged in school life and is very popular with staff, parents and children alike.

2014-05-21 20:59

Mr Ongondo is a highly valued asset to Colligham Primary School. He is extremely hard working and a genuinly lovely person. Please do not sent him back to Kenya and disrupt his own and his sons lives unneccessarily. Thankyou

2014-05-21 21:23

Portas is a highly valued member of the local, school and church communities. He is loyal, intelligent, hardworking and incredibly humble. Above all of this though he is a strong role model for his sons and the children in school. It is a pleasure when Portas' sons visit school and they clearly share his values, manners and work ethics. Good parenting doesn't stop being important when children reach their late teens/early twenties. In many ways it becomes more important as young people seek independence. The relationship between Portas and his sons is clearly very close and to take this away now would be wrong.

2014-05-21 21:35

2014-05-22 08:34

Portas is an invaluable member of our school team - please allow him to stay.

2014-05-22 11:46

Portas is a really lovely intelligent man who does not deserve to be deported. I was one of his referees when he applied for his job at Lady Elizabeth Hastings School Collingham. I have found him to be an exceptional man who has his family and the community he works in at heart. He would be a loss to his family and everyone in the school community if this was to happen.
Kizzie

#47 I agree that Mr Ongondo should stay

2014-05-22 16:14

I am a past pupil of Collingham Lady Elizabeth Hastings Primary School and I think that Mr Ongondo should be allowed to stay in this country because he is very good with the children and had taught them a lot about his culture. He is also a very kind, caring and thoughtful person. Whenever I have been back to visit my old school and have seen him, he always asks how I am doing and how I am getting on at my new high school. He is not only a good caretaker, looking after and making sure that the school looks to it's best standard but he also helps to clean up after the PTA events and is a big part of the school community. I don't think that Mr Ongondo should be sent back to Kenya as his family needs him in the UK and so do the pupils, staff and parents of Collingham school. It would be almost impossible to replace Mr Ongondo because he is just so amazing at his job.

2014-05-22 17:53

Portas helps the band, who practise in Collingham school, to set up their equipment out of his kind nature and not necessity. He also comes to tell us how good we are playing and would always be very cheerful and lift our spirits if we were struggling during practise. I know for a fact that he goes out of his way to help others and is a massive help to everyone. It would be a real shame if he had to go, everyone would miss him greatly.
misterwint

#49 Let him stay

2014-08-01 12:39

I've just heard of his case on BBC Look North. He seems like a decent man. He's in work and obviously a valued and much loved member of his community. Let him stay. He's an asset!
pat56

#50 mr ondongo

2014-08-01 12:42

i think its disgusting breaking this family up when the chap has a job and is hard working and obviously well liked..... it was a different matter a few years ago when that rapist was allowed to stay because he had a family here ... this government priorities are rubbish