Silverburn residents united

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Silverburn residents united.

2014-05-12 14:55

It's a disgrace no respect for the people who live here

2014-05-12 16:01

Fed up and angry not being able to park outside my house due to thoughtless and selfish health centre workers

2014-05-12 17:29

It's about time someone listened to the residents. I suppose the proof will be in the response to the signatures.

2014-05-12 17:32

Nothing but a pure joke NO REDPECT,,,,

2014-05-12 19:35

Shocking how the staff at the civic relic can't not park in the own place of work and for them to park in a residents area were I have known my friends car to be damaged by there shear determination to park there on the peat road I can not take my son to visit his gran until after 6 o'clock as I am a driver but can't get parked there something has to be done its gone on long enough

2014-05-12 19:36

Shocking how the staff at the civic relic can't not park in the own place of work and for them to park in a residents area were I have known my friends car to be damaged by there shear determination to park there on the peat road I can not take my son to visit his gran until after 6 o'clock as I am a driver but can't get parked there something has to be done its gone on long enough

#7 Parking

2014-05-12 19:47

Everyone who pays their road tax has the right to park on public roads as long as they are legally parked, some families have 2 or 3 cars in each home and still expect to park right outside their house. As for resident parking if the council allowed this they would be opening floodgates for residents everywhere to demand this!!

#8 Parking

2014-05-12 20:44

Bet they wouldn't be happy if we parked outside there door or right across from there driveway no consideration for no one but themselfs x

#9 Re: Parking

2014-05-12 21:07

#7: Guest - Parking

re resident parking floodgate: not necessarily there would have to be exceptions like a shopping mall,a cinema ,a sports arena or venue or something that causes a large sustained influx of traffic

2014-05-15 10:08

cant visit relatives as nowhere to park and find it difficult to access road

#11 Parking

2014-05-15 19:20

This is also at the rosedale ..they have extended rosedale and put in an extra 10 parking spaces only ..what a joke, also put double yellow lines up at the old post office end so they cant park up there next to rosedale ,..so all the traffic build up are at the wee swing park ..surely this is a health and safety issue for the emergency services as they have had to back up many times..also with a children park, this has been reported and nothing done .

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-05-17 21:57

2014-05-20 14:14

as a resident in the area affected i am disgusted by the huge volume of traffic which restrict the free movement of the residents ...so happy that you (Gerry) have highlighted this problem ...ty x

2014-05-22 09:05

As a worker at the health centre myself, I am not being disrespectful or selfish, I simply have nowhere else to park my car. We have 1 car park permit between 10 of us and a car park that you can park in for no longer than 3 hours a day when we work 8 hour shifts. We have also had £70 parking fines for parking a few minutes over the 3 hours. I have also had my car intentionally damaged parking in the street, where I do not want to, but have no choice. So it is not just residents cars that have been damaged. The parking issue is an absolute joke and we have been fighting to have it resolved for years now with no outcome. Im sure if you work you are able to park your car safely in a car park, so where would you park if you couldnt? If the residents and workers can find a way to work together to raise the parking issues together then hopefully it can be resolved.

#15 Re:

2014-05-22 12:21

#14: -

totally agree, i am also a worker in the health centre and would love to be able to park in a car park instead of soneobes street i really think residents and staff should be working together to try and resolve this instead of staff getting threats! I am glad to see this petition does include about getting adequate parking for staff!

2014-05-22 14:49

RE COMMENTS 14,15: allocation of parking for health centre and civic realm staff has been agreed with silverburn to use the multi storey, free of charge for as long as required but no one uses it this is not a new thing been in place for a long time

2014-05-24 11:02

why when they are building extention for picture hall did this not include need for extra parking instead people will just park where they can they don't care they don't live here

2014-05-24 14:09

hence the reasons we need something done now before it opens

2014-05-26 12:44

Further to all of the above comments, I work in the health centre, and would love to be able to park at my place of work without having to park in local streets. It is mentioned in previous comments that Silverburn multi-storey car park is an option. It is, but first thing in the morning, the only exit is at the M&S end of the shopping centre. It takes approx 15 minutes to get to the health centre, and some of us have disability issues (mild) and walking from the far end of the shopping centre, carrying resources, etc is impossible. Maybe Silverburn could open an exit at the Pollok Centre end of the car park, and then it would be more likely to be used.

2014-06-02 22:19

I am also a staff member within civic realm and feel that we should all be working together to solve this issue. There has been many discussions with regards to the time limit being enforced and it wasn't even agreed but forced onto the workers, this I understand had posed a great deal of concern, upset and anger in the community. Yes there has also been mention of the multi storey car park to which staff don't mind walking the extra distance but can be very hostile early in the morning especially in winter months being there yourself and also very alarming when in recent times they have had to carry confidential documents and money. I believe it is now time that we join forces and take this matter further to ensure that all staff esp permanent ones receive a car parking pass each, which to be honest can be done and would resolve matters greatly as it would take another at least 8 cars off the residential area alone from my place of work