Dual the Worcester Southern Link Road Now

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Dual the Worcester Southern Link Road Now.

2014-05-03 18:18

Since moving to worcester in the early 80's this road system hasn't been improved and the population has grown out of all recognition. If people are meant to not use the old river bridge then there is only one alternative and it isn't suitable.
At last someone making a bad situation come to light!

2014-05-06 20:28

This vital link to the M5 Motorway has been crying out for dualling ever since the Carrington bridge was built

2014-05-07 12:48

My journey from home to work without traffic would take me 6 minutes along this route. Every day it will take me 15 minutes when schools are off and about half an hour generally when schools are operating normally. It's crazy! Too much traffic on one single road - anyone with foresight would have built it as a dual track originally but this is absolutely essential to get Worcester going again.
53 minutes it took me yesterday due to a small accident on the bridge. I have no choice but to drive for various reasons otherwise I wouldn't. I have even driven to Upton to go the long way round but when it floods that's not an option, instead all of Upton joins this route.
A well worthy petition that I will go out of my way to help with!

2014-05-07 14:54

Not just dualing, but ensuring that the junctions along the whole route are up to standard; ideally grade separated.

2014-05-08 10:26

Well worth it and about time!

2014-05-08 13:22

This improvement is long overdue and would have significant benefits to businesses and individuals in Worcester, malvern and the south of the County.

2014-05-08 19:50

I agree about the Northern Link Road. If this was done the traffic problem to the M5 wouldn't quite as bad.

2014-05-09 13:17

The sooner this is done - properly, with grade-separated junctions at the Ketch, St Peters and Whittington - the better. The current state of the road is a disaster for both Malvern and Worcester.

#34 Need more signatures

2014-05-09 17:29

Only 237 signatures at the time of my writing this. We should have a zero on the end of that. Has everybody who signed it shared it with others on facebook and email. I suspect a petition with only a couple of hundred names wont get taken very seriously :-(

2014-05-10 13:45

Yes #34, you are right - we need many more. I have published an announcement asking those who have signed it to seek further signatures.

Brian Gladman

2014-05-11 12:14

Dualling the Southern Link Road should be seen as part of the overall need to complete the Worcester orbital enabling traffic to go from the A44 to the A449 with a bridge at or near Hawford. This would also provide relief at Holt Heath.

2014-05-12 08:11

The work currently in hand will only ameliorate the traffic congestion when the section between The Ketch and Powick roundabouts is dualled. This includes Carrington Bridge.
Mike Selby

#38 DUALLING WORCESTER SOUTH RING ROAD

2014-05-13 09:59

This road has been a problem ever since I moved to Malvern in 1995. It seriously delays traffic between Malvern and Worcester throughout the day, in particular during the rush hour periods. A journey to Worcester Hospital for example can take anytime between 25 and 90 minutes! The problem will still exist (indeed may be exacerbated) when the duelling of a small section of the bypass is completed in 2016. This is a road improvement which needs to be funded as soon as possible.

2014-05-14 20:56

The dualling of this road is a fundamental part of the infrastructure development that is required for the future quality of life for those living in South Worcestershire and, indeed, beyond. Businesses need it to function and compete effectively and provide employment for the area. Worcester is now being recognised as a destination city for tourism, as are surrounding areas, but without this dualing potential visitors will choose to go elsewhere. House building in South Worcestershire is planned to expand significantly in coming years and this too will put great pressure on this road. These pressures are mostly here now and therefore this matter needs to be addressed now, including the Carrington Bridge. ACF

2014-05-21 23:04

Without dualling the bridge the whole scheme will be counter productive

2014-05-25 20:21

It is a waste of money to dual the bit currently being done and not to grasp the nettle of the bridge - and the road thence to the Powick roundabout. As it is the new arrangement at the Ketch will create the most horrific chaos every rush hour.