save tiverton road baths .

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition save tiverton road baths ..

hettie

2013-12-05 20:12

keep tiverton baths open

2013-12-05 20:36

pls sign
Joanne Holmes

#3 Fond Memories

2013-12-05 21:49

I learned to swim here and was there every day in summer hols with my friend Sarah and then after we used to get bags of chips from over the road and walk home lol. Please keep it open for future generations.

Tillytup

#4 Don't close Tiverton baths

2013-12-05 23:05

I was taught how to swim here 28 yrs ago, my kids come here for swimming lessons and love it. The government bangs on about teaching our kids about healthy living and then closes the local facilities where they can exercise ?? DONT CLOSE TIVERTON POOL!!

2013-12-06 00:02

This was the first public swimming baths in Birmingham. C1904. Its worth saving as it still serves the community.

2013-12-06 02:17

I lived in Selly Oak in the mid 1970s and just into the 1980s and have fond memeories of family and school swims here. It would be nice to know it can be saved for many generations to come.

2013-12-06 04:33

this is the oldest public bath in brum with lots of history ,it needs to be saved and turned in to more student homes , pull ya head in birmingham council and do the right thing ....

2013-12-06 09:51

The people of the area need this establishment. How can they be robbed of excercise much needed in our generation. This place is also historic to many people, my parents spent many evenings through world war 2 dancing there. What a crying shame to see it go, the children of the area will also suffer

2013-12-06 17:42

I used Tiverton Road Baths from when I was a young girl for many many years its where you can go swimming with out the hustle bustle of the bigger swimming baths please save Tiverton Road baths .

2013-12-10 17:34

Why close such an old building that means so much to the people who live in the area and such a beautiful building. CRIMINAL

2014-09-29 10:50

Well done! I have been e-mailing labour councillors re preserving Tiverton along the lines of a Weelbeing centre,stressing the needs (of a warm quiet pool) of people with L.T. illness/conditions that benefit from gentle exercise (like me!) and asking them to answer my Q: ie: "How will you ensure my needs are catered for with the new arrangements/proposals?" So far I have had NO RESPONSES from anyone despite going to great lengths to suggest ideas for developing the current (over-50s) provision! So I have now sent copies of my e-mails and proposals to the new Champion for Health& wellbeing (Dr Ewan Hamnett /Emnett(???) at his Harborne GP Practice! As a lifelong Labour voter, I find the deafening silence on this issue not only disappointing but pretty rude,to say the least! RSVP :any meetings?