Resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards.

2012-03-06 03:41

our resposibility is to look after the whole world it is that easy!! preserve life for the comming generations

2012-03-06 07:02

Absolutely Shocking.

2012-03-06 09:51

Theres not much left to hunt these days upon this planet, preservation and protection of fish and game is important.........all the money in the world cant replace an animal...once its species is gone from the planet.

2012-03-06 12:59

Re: Daniel Richards - Atrocious Behaviour

2012-03-07 23:28

As a Fish & Game Warden sworn to protect wildlife this man should know better than to hunt Mountain Lions for sport no matter if it was legal or not. There is no good reason to sport hunt mountain lions. I find what he did appalling & would not want a man like this representing our/or my Fish & Game Dept.

I full heartedly agree that Daniel Richards should resign or be removed as the President of the California Fish and Game Commission.

Being in a position of public trust, Richards abandoned that trust when he hunted and killed a mountain lion in Idaho for the perverse sport of it. The fact that he did so shows that he has no real understanding of the balance of our environment or the roll these big cats play in it. I do not want him in charge of protecting anything else in our state.

After studying endangered species & working all my life among other committed individuals to restroe & protect these environments, I am shocked that someone sworn to protect the same, especially that he was in such a high profile, example setting position, could go to another state to be a willing part of destroying it there for sport like they are totally disconnected activities.

Thank you, I have said my piece
Don Morshead

2012-03-08 10:48

I am not a believer killing any animals wht so ever, but to loose your job.

2012-03-09 17:24

I don't even think Ted Nugent hunts for pure sport.

2012-03-12 21:19

Good job Lisa, I like how the hometeam seems tobee standing for all the right stuff just as the world seems to be collapseing around us. I support you all the way

2012-03-27 21:10

SOMEONE WHO REPRESENTS A GOUVERMENT AND ENVOIRMENT OF THE US .. AND KILLS LIONS AND PAY FOR IT NOT DESERVE TO BE IN SUCH A POSITITION ....THANKS FROM SPAIN

2012-03-27 23:37

We have to protect the best way we can!!!!

All the best from Nova Scotia Canada :)

2012-03-27 23:40

right to bare arms????? Not in your constitution does it say the right to kill lions!!!!shame on you......

2012-03-28 00:17

For the oceans, for wildlife, for peace
Dukevincent

#13 To all, who ignore the importance to keep our wildlife safe.

2012-03-28 00:23

To all, who ignore the importance to keep our wildlife safe.
If only you would realize how foolish and selfish some people are by destroying fauna and flora, wildlife without speaking of human life!
If you continue like we are doing now, our children, grandchildren, or even later coming friends, family will talk about our wildlife like we are talking today about dinosaurs!
Please sign the petition as I did.
Vincent

2012-03-28 00:45

In orde to uphold any semblance of integrity the resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards is imperative. Never mind the legality of his trophy hunt: he was fully aware that this would be unacceptable under normal ethical standards. He already breached these ethical. Unwritten boundaries by accepting this 'free gift', knowing full
Well that its monetary value exceeded the mount alloweable under law. You cannot have a man like this in is position: leaders should lead by example!

2012-03-28 00:57

In order to uphold any semblance of integrity and retain any credibility the resignation of Fish and Game President Daniel Richards is imperative. Never mind the legality of his trophy hunt: he was fully aware that this would be unacceptable under normal ethical standards. He already breached these ethical. Unwritten boundaries by accepting this 'free gift', knowing full Well that its monetary value exceeded the mount allowable under law. You cannot have a man like this in is position: leaders should lead by example!

2012-03-28 01:00

Let him go and hunt a new job. He's clearly failed miserably at this one.

2012-03-28 02:40

This individual shows extremely poor judgement and an acute lack of intelligence and compassion posing next to such a beautiful animal who must have suffered greatly until his death.Please have him resign now!

2012-03-28 02:44

This is sadistic and quite disgusting. Please make sure this ends. Lynn Gladhill ~ Animal Rights Advocate.

2012-03-28 04:14

Richards should have stepped down immediately.

2012-03-28 04:50

I am all for this petition and immediate removal of this poor excuse for a human being!His blatent disregard for wildlife the very thing he is supposed to protect and presreve speaks volumes!!And his posting of his digusting sensless killing of this animal really makes sick in my gut.Sport? I DON'T THINK SO.
Aleta Rowland

2012-03-28 22:21

It is an offense to see people appointed to help manage and conserve wildlife go out and join the ranks of the depraved murdering wildlife species under the guise if Sport and or hunting. A high powered Riffle does not define a man, but responsible conduct and attitudes free of depravities do. I believe we need to have people in key positions that are willing to work for the greater good of conserving and protecting the wilderness and setting a good sample with conduct.

2012-03-28 22:22

This man sets a terrible example. We need to get rid of him. He is clearly an animal killer which is definitely a conflict of interest.

2012-03-29 00:24

Get RID OF HIM!!!!
THIS POS should Not be in charge

#24 Re: people in charge should REALLY Love THE Voiceless

2012-03-29 00:29

#25 Re: LISA is RIGHT!!Behind her ALL THE WAY

2012-03-29 00:35