Open North Street, Midhurst

Open North Street, Midhurst / Announcements / Update 12 May - Day 66- Work due to commence / Comments

2023-05-12 16:44

Honestly, James, I find this utterly unbelievable that they have put bricks over humans. I guess there’s nothing more anyone can do. I’m so sorry for all the businesses in Midhurst - I hope you all get compensated.

2023-05-12 19:21

I am in agreement with all your comments. Especially now that we’ve had to replace two tyres damaged on the pot-holed back roads. The barriers across North Street never needed to be two lanes wide. They could have cordoned off one carriageway and regulated one-way traffic with traffic lights. Speed would have to be restricted, and it is my suggestion that sleeping policemen could be used. Perhaps the members of SDNPA might volunteer to lay across the carriageway and take the role of those sleeping policemen.

2023-05-12 20:01

This is unacceptable instead of them putting that eye sore of a wall first they should be thinking of the people, especially when it comes to elders and parents of children who need to go and see you or collect prescription from the pharmacy beside the medical centre that can't get because of the road is closed that what would be a 5 or 10 minute car journey now takes 6 or 7 mile detour and then ends up wrecking tyres due to the bad road conditions with pot holes and that it effects the businesses that are open, if this was London the road would have been opened in less than 2 weeks and the building secured or knocked down, but midhurst no it's takes months, catch a grip it's only bricks, knock it down as it will be an eye sore for years to come,
Blackleopard Jones

#4 Progress

2023-05-18 08:35

#1: -  

So does delivering a crane and site office by the Wednesday look like urgent action? Nothing happening on site yesterday.