Stop illegal parking at schools in and around Aberystwyth

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop illegal parking at schools in and around Aberystwyth.

2015-12-04 20:19

As a parent and Disabled Driver it infuriates me when you see the stupidity of other parents parking hazardously with no comprehension of the consequences of their actions. Only yesterday I had to ask a parent who was parked in the only Disabled Bay if they had a badge? I was met with a response of laughing and shaking of head.....No was the answer. Yes it was raining, nobody likes to get wet, that's why we have raincoats and umbrellas! As for the Police not having powers to issue tickets and traffic wardens not having the manpower, the answer is not to put this back onto the Police who are already stretched to their maximum capabilities and have a lack of manpower themselves. Again the same for the Traffic Wardens, to have one situated outside all schools is financially unrealistic. Solution is parents take responsibility, stop endangering children, don't abuse parking bays, and learn how to walk short distances!
Kelly Cable
The author of this petition

#2 Re:

2015-12-04 22:09

#1: -  

if I could pat your back I would, as a disabled person myself I understand,your frustration with the disabled bays, I have even been reported to the police and accused of using a disabled badge illegally.

it should be down to people being responsible and thinking of others but unfortunately there are too many selfish people who think that they are above the law.

i agree that the police and traffic wardens are overstretched but until other options are found (and believe me I am doing everything I can to find some) all we can do is ask for assistance from the services to help us protect our children.

liz

#3 well done

2015-12-30 16:08

The world needs more people who are not afraid to stand up against poor services and bullies. 

#4 Re:

2015-12-31 02:06

#1: -  

2015-12-31 08:48

I believe that to improve over all heath in the community all schools should have a minimum distance for cars just like smoking they damage people's health. They encourage laziness let off gases that are harmful to people and the environment and are seen as a status symbol for people.
I'm not saying ban them completely but just have a minimum distance they can come within the school this would free up paths for people walking which is healthier

2015-12-31 22:55

Photograph the morons faces and post them on facebook.

disgusted parent

#7 Disgusting people

2016-01-06 11:38

i have heard from some that there are disgusting people that have been trying to plot and sabotage this woman's cause.

even grown men (well little boys) have said they would love to meet her down a dark alley.

this woman is trying to make a difference to improve safety and standards and there are people out there that want her to come to harm because of it . 

What society are we living in when people will openly encourage this and think it's funny 

#8 Well done

2016-01-08 07:54

Well done to you for doing this, as a parent of a disabled child with mobility issues, I had permission from the school, the education and the civil enforcement dept to park in the school bus lane which I never did (mainly because I couldnt get close) but when he travelled by registered taxi the taxi drivers were hurled abuse in front of my child for parking outside the school even though the taxi was paid to park there one abuser was the driver of a minibus who was privately paid for by parents who felt he had more right to be in the bus lane than anyone whom I later discovered after complaining that because he was paid for by parents he had no rights what so ever to be parked in the bus lane.  I later took over taking my child to school with all the rights of his taxi, on one occassion it had been freezing tempratures and ice everywhere and with mobilty issues my child would never have made it from our usual parking spot so I took the plunge and parked in the bus lane plenty of room left for the buses and a grandmother also parked in the bus lane got out of her car and hurled abuse at me I explained I had permission to be there because of my son and not so politely told me she didnt give a damn that my child was disabled that I should allow other parents to park in the bus lane, yes for many children falling on ice coz damage or hurt but if my child were too fall on ice with his condition then it could do more damage to him.  When the grandmother came back out of school she again hurled more abuse at me.  I did go into school and explain what had happened and why I had parked there and was informed that I had every right to be there and that to ignore what had happened and that they would get me something from the education to put in my car to show I can be parked there.  I didnt want it I just didnt like the abuse and didnt like the attitude of a person who shouldnt have been there to start with but felt she had the right.

2016-01-09 13:47

I'm not from Aberystwyth, but I'm another person who complains about illegal parking where its a danger to others. Parents outside schools can be the worst, and these would be the first to complain if their little one got hit by a car. Why can't these people just think a little. I also suffer with various conditions such as Fibromyalgia and ME, walking is a real painful issue for me, but I still don't park illegally to get to where I want to go. I have a blue badge, but won't use it if there are normal parking places available close to the disabled bay, as there are worse disabilities than mine.

2016-01-09 14:37

I think All school children's lives are at risk before school, lunch time and after school, because of selfish drivers. Children are killed, suffer life changing, serious injuries, slightly injured or just about escape being hit, but selfish drivers don't care unless it isn't their child.