Cudworth Unites

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Cudworth Unites.

2015-05-24 16:00

Green belt is green belt for a reason. Keep off greedy swine.

2015-05-24 16:20

Schools and doctors surgeries are already overcrowded so where are these people and their children meant to go? Also what happens to any wildlife on the site?

2015-05-24 16:32

I am only 18 and feel that the housing people should find somewhere else to build these houses. There are plenty more open spaces to build houses that will not ruin any wildlife that is established on the site. The traffic will be horrendous and schools and doctors are already filled to capacity. Some people have written that if the houses are built it will bring more doctors surgeries and schools. Who us to say that will happen? Will it happen quickly enough? Houses these days are thrown up in no time can the same be said for doctors surgeries and a further school or schools? It takes the council far too much time to decide on such decisions!
Why not build on the land at the back of SASH??

2015-05-24 17:44

Because we are already over the limit with both school places and Cudworth Medical Centre. It takes nearly two weeks now to get a Doctors appointment, and I do not think that our future children should have to go to school in another area. H. Brightmore.

2015-05-24 17:48

Schools and the Medical Centre are already over the limit. Perhaps Barratts will build a new school, and pay for more doctors. If not, NO to their plans.

#31 Re:

2015-05-24 19:44

#18: -  

I have two young children, and I live facing the field they want to build on, and am still Opposed to it, the school in cudworth are not big enough to take any more kids, they are 67 kids in his class to start with, and the houses they want to build will a ridiculous amount of money, which to some first buyers won't be able to afford them 

2015-05-25 01:50

I am mostly worried about the sheer volume of residents and the impact this will have on our schools and environment.

2015-05-25 10:56

we dont need any more houses off carrs lane, also to support the people that live on carrs lane.

#34 Re:

2015-05-25 16:47

#18: -  

These houses are going to be priced higher than those already in the area that were built 15 years ago.  And would you really want to buy a property built on land with serious faults?  Land grout, which is what Barratts propose using, has failed to work on so many developments in the past that many developers refuse to use it.

2015-05-25 23:09

No discussion has been made with the residents of the immediate area prior to the meeting. There is no thought for schools or health centres in the plans for family housing very short sighted . Transportation will congest the roads which lead onto the proposed site and these are road which are classed as side roads NOT main roads.

2015-05-26 08:31

The proposed housing site is on the land to the rear of my property which we bought for its quiet and peaceful location. We have currently have major issues getting on and off of our driveway on this lane due to the volume of traffic and the speed in which people use Carrs Lane, it would be even harder with construction traffic and more than 300 extra cars every day!

2015-05-26 08:35

It will disturb the local wildlife, the traffic on Carrs Lane is bad enough without adding an extra 350 homes and cars.

2015-05-26 10:49

When there are classes of 68 kids how on earth can they take any more? It will also take away all my views of the little green land there is left.

2015-05-26 20:58

I feel Cudworth is very stretched in terms of facilities. Ie doctors & schools are at full capacity. There are 70 kids in one class at school & that's outrageous enough as it is. Sort out the facilities first. Cars lane in Cudworth most definitely does not need the traffic tramming up and down. The road is just not suitable to take on such a vast amount of Added traffic.

2015-05-27 14:57

When we moved to Carrs lane  I was led to believe that the field opposite was green belt land and would not be built on. Out of my bedroom window I can see spring time in its full glory at this time of the year. There are many different species of birds to be seen such as Owls,woodpecker, Gray Partridge,Buzzard Sparrowhawk and Kestrel to name just a few. all these would go along with the other types of wildlife that live and breed in these few fields.

#41 Re:

2015-05-27 17:39

#14: -  

This is Councillor Stephen Houghton's reply to my email concerning the development:

'The proposals from Barratt development are at an early stage and no planning application has yet been received.  Therefore there will not be a decision by the end of June.  The land in question was allocated as land safeguarded for housing development as far back as 25 years ago.  Therefore the decision that this land is suitable for housing was made at that time, so the question then becomes about the nature and type of development that is being proposed and, as you suggest, the impact on the local community. Local Members have raised concerns with the Planning Department on behalf of the residents and will continue to do so.  We do not support the current proposal.  The Planning Department are looking at issues such as highways impact, impact on local schools and impact on the character of the area as you yourself suggest. We will continue to talk to the Planning Officers about this proposal and they in turn with Barratt to see what changes can be made.  I will  keep you up to date when there is further information. ThanksCouncillor Sir Steve Houghton'

#42 Re: Re:

2015-05-27 20:23

#41: - Re:  

Could you please contact the admin on Cudworth Unites as we would like to verify this email.  Many thanks.

2015-05-27 21:45

Enough houses. Do up the existing ones all over Barnsley that are empty don't build new ones.

2015-05-28 19:14

Because we already have shit loads of houses and many are empty...Get people moving there at affordable prices FFS!

2015-05-28 22:53

because im cudworth born and bred and as its my birth place i wouldnt want it to change while im still around to visit my little village

2015-05-29 00:17

The facilities in the village are not enough for the population as it is now.the doctors parking is limited .schools limited space and have to travel to go to school when kids are at teenage yrs.theres nowhere for teenage kids to go the centres are all run on peoples good will swimming baths were taken away from cudworth the sports centre is taken over by the hospital now for cardiac patients.you cant build more houses and keep taking away the facilities

2015-05-29 01:15

These houses would put a strain on local services.

2015-05-29 04:40

Barnsley Council and in-turn Barrett's have a duty to build new homes. There are several areas in the Barnley region that are crying out for redevelopment and investment - where several brown field sites should be developed upon instead of destroying green field sites like this one!!!! Pull your finger out BMBC - don't make a mokery of this fantastic semi rural area and its residents. 

Make no mistake the majority of people in this area do not want this development. this an area without the faculties to cope and one of the best in this area of Barnsley. It should be left well alone!!!! 

2015-05-29 06:46

The schools are full to capacity and are having extra classroom space built, if these homes are built where would the children be educated? Also the doctors are so busy you cannot get appointments, more people will put more pressure on our doctors.

#50 Re: Re: All for it.

2015-05-29 08:05

#21: Jon - Re: All for it. 

there's a housing crisis because of the amount of people coming into the country, stop them comming in then see how much of a crisis there is.