Against the proposed static caravan site at Bradwell-on-Sea

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Against the proposed static caravan site at Bradwell-on-Sea.

2014-10-23 22:50

We do not want this at Bradwell

2014-10-24 21:23

One road to this village , dangerous bendy road , how can you just add fifty percent to the population without considering how these people wil affect the traffic , and the town

2014-10-25 18:57

Despite this proposal being broadly within adopted policy, any development of this scale in this location, needs proper consultation with all stakeholders to fully mitigate the obvious negative impact on the local environment infrastructure and residents

2014-10-26 11:13

Bit sneaky with 'consultation'!
Berth-holders thought to be in favour .... Is this sort of supposition called a lie?
So what is the marina going to do about improving security?
200+ new people of unknown backgrounds in the quiet, pleasant marina were we have moored our boats with confidence ... Who can predict the outcome?
Full fence with code-locks gates, please!
Don't want them in the marina!

2014-10-26 17:21

Clearly there will be security, noise and amenity concerns relating to the proximity of the proposed caravans site so close to the village and marina. Traffic to and from the village will increase considerably along a road which could be considered inadequate, this will impact on the quality of life enjoyed by the permanent residents. Personally I am unable to see any viability in the scheme for holiday letting. There are limited facilities within the area to attract the number of holiday makers catered for by the number of caravans.

It is therefore my summation that either these caravans are for residential letting in an area of limited work, which is likely to lead to an increase in crime, or that this proposal is the thin edge of the wedge and a holiday park with all the attractions needed is  envisaged but not disclosed. I therefore suggest that the true intentions for the proposed site are made clear to the residence and berth holders at an open meeting enabling all concerns to be raised.

S.H.

#6 All very sad..

2014-10-27 09:31

It appears rather sad that some people can't simply live in one of the most beautiful areas of Essex without trying to exploit it.......

2014-10-27 09:37

Gross over-development.!
Stuart Redhead

#8 Negative Impact on Local Economy

2014-10-27 11:19

Such a development is likely to have a negative net impact on the local economy.

Even though there will be a few beneficiaries, for example the local pub, most local residents will be adversely impacted.

* An additional caravan park reduces the opportunity for local residents to set up a viable bed and breakfast business. This is particularly important since local employment opportunites will be greatly diminished once Bradwell Power Station is fully decommissioned. Most of the local community depended directly or indirectly on the power station for their income and will now rely on other forms of income.

* Caravan parks only generate seasonal business. This means they have very limited benefit to the local community. Any resultant job opportunites shall also only be seasonal. It is also difficult for other local businesses to create a viable business model on such a seasonal market. 

* It is likely to have a significant impact on Bradwell Marina. Owing the nature of a marina, occupants are particularly vulnerable to theft and acts of vandalism. The potential costs of these can be astronomical. There have already been a series of thefts of very costly outboard engines in recent years. If occupants consider the risk of vandalism and theft has greatly increased they are likely to relocate to other marinas. It should be noted that many of these boat owners spend a great deal of money in the local economy, both directly and indirectly through mooring fees etc. The whole community therefore loses if they decide to relocate.

2014-10-27 14:48

70 extra caravans will increase the amount of traffic on the local, very minor roads.

2014-10-29 10:55

It would appear no planning or consultation has taken place.
Full details of access and facilities need to be made public.

2014-10-29 20:58

More information needed before the proposal is approved
John

#12 Proposed caravan site next to Bradwell Marina

2014-10-29 23:26

I have enjoyed keeping my boat on the hard standing for 10 years. The attraction for me is the peaceful rural location. I have spent a lot of time working on my boat during the last 10 winters. It will be a great loss to me if a caravan site is built here.

concerned local

#13 Proposed Caravan site next to Bradwell Marina

2014-10-30 15:36

70 extra caravans when all the other local sites in St Lawrence for example have tons of caravans with 'for sale' signs in them?!
Doesn't make any sense  - how do we know that there's demand for this site. This would spoil one of the most picturesque places in Essex and cause far more harm than good!

#14 Due process

2014-10-31 17:09

This application will follow due process.  Although we are not convinced those in the village converting their residential homes into hotels and back gardens into businesses have followed the same rigorous process.

2014-11-01 12:09

This proposal is an overdevelopment in our small hamlet. We have an influx of people during the summer as it is but this development would double the number of people staying/living here.
John

#16 Caravan park poposal

2014-11-01 15:18

I have been a visitor and user of the marina for over forty years. I have been a berth holder for the last twelve years. It has always been the sense of peace and tranquility at Bradwell that have drawn me back and I cannot see how the introduction of over 70 caravans and their occupants can possibly enhance this for me as a berth holder. Given the limited amenities ie local shops, pubs, etc. I find it impossible to see how such amenities will cope with the demand unless the future holds a further undisclosed proposal to expand upon the present proposed plans to a full blown holiday camp style site.

Security of the marina and its contents are another serious concern to me.

A berth holder

#17 Proposed caravan site at Bradwell Marina

2014-11-01 15:22

This is a marina not a caravan site and long may it remain that way.  

2014-11-04 21:14

Bradwell is to small for this development.!

2014-11-04 21:27

will spoil a beautiful marina we have berthed in for 17 years.

2014-11-11 12:45

I am against this development as it will cause excessive traffic on roads that are not suitable for the increase that this development will cause. the small villages on the way to Bradwell are already suffering from the effects of increase road usage.
on a personal note i do not believe that this area warrants this development there is more than enough holiday accommodation available in the area there is no provision for young children on this site and the proximity of the river and the dangers there in are too frightening to think about.
Provision will also need to be made with regard to the security of the boats within the marina.
the overall question should be is this necessary and will it enhance the area!!!
unhappy resident

#21 caravan site!!! soooo sad

2014-11-11 13:00

Why ruin such a beautiful place !! there are a number of factors that make this proposal so silly!one main one being the one road in and out of our village, it is bad enough with the bad driving of some of the contractors without adding to it, some times you take your life in your hands just to pull out onto the main road, we really do not need any more traffic. As for one of the reasons being put forward that the caravans would be mostly be for berth holders to buy, why oh why are you going to buy one when you have spent a fortune on a beautiful yacht /boat then leave it to sleep in a tin hut!! with views of just other tin huts! when you could be on your yacht/boat with views of the river etc. Just leave the village alone there are enough vacant caravans and B & B's available without having to destroy a lovely view and area, its just pure greed without a thought for the village residents!!!! why cant the proposers just live in this lovely pretty village happily without ruining it????

2014-11-11 16:31

There are simply not enough local facilities to support this development. We have a very limited bus service, no shops, no street lights. There are already plenty of caravan parks in the area, all of which have vacancies and plots available proving there is insufficient demand. There is currently a reduced demand for contactors accommodation working in the area, so who is going to fill these caravans

#23 Health & Safety

2014-11-11 20:50

70 family caravans, average number of children per family 1.8 (data from the Office for National Statistics) so up to 126 children on the site at any one time.  With unprotected access to pontoons from which adults (one to my certain knowledge) have slipped from and drowned in the past.  I'm sure the police and or the Health and Safety Executive will have the full details.  To me this sounds like a Health and safety tragedy waiting to happen.

JACKIE

#24 Re: Negative Impact on Local Economy

2014-11-12 21:48

#8: Stuart Redhead - Negative Impact on Local Economy 

YES STUART AND WHO OWNS THE LOCAL PUB(THE KINGS HEAD IS BURNT DOWN )."THE GREEN MAN IN BRADWELL" WATERSIDE IS OWNED BY THE SAME MAN (MENTIONING NO NAMES )WHO OWNS THE MARINA,ALL SIX COASTGUARD RENTED COTTAGES,QUAY HOUSE (THREE APARTMENTS )RENTAL PROPERTY,THE CARAVAN SITE OPPOSITE THE "GREEN MAN "ECT............AND WHERE DOES HE SPEND MOST OF HIS TIME,IN A WONDERFUL HOUSE OVERLOOKING THE SEA ON THE CORNWALL COAST !!!!,...........WHAT A LOVELY VIEW...........FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE ALL HIS MONEY OUT OF THIS LOVELY LITTLE TIME WORN VILLAGE,IS THIS THE REWARD HE IS GIVING IT,...ALL THE VILLAGE PEOPLE GAVE THIER OWN MONEY TO BUY THE LOCAL AND ONLY SHOP "OUR COMMUNITY SHOP "NOW HE PLANS TO BUILD A SHOP ON THIS CARAVAN SITE AND SAYS IT WILL" HELP OUR SHOP "..........THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON WHO THIS WILL HELP.....ANY GUESSES WHO ??????????

#25 No facilities - hidden agenda?

2014-11-17 08:33

No infrastructure to support the increase in people it would bring, roads can't cope already, and can't see why it would be a family holiday - no beach, no facilities for children?  So are we to expect bored children roaming the area all summer... or is the real plan to rent them out long term to the council for people that can't be housed elsewhere?  Don't make Bradwell the new Jaywick!!!