Save our Hydrotherapy Pool

Greta

/ #33 very valuable service

2012-12-04 16:37

I found hydrotherapy really helpful. The pool is lovely and I received very personalised patient centered care from the physios. It was also good to meet other people struggling with other health problems during my sessions and I think this support is a valuable part of the treatment. I would feel very sad if this service is no longer available to Borders patients.
I think this service could be provided off site, in a small private pool that could be warmed up for the purpose and used for other functions outside clinic times. All the Borders Sport and Leisure Trust pools are all too big to heat up for this purpose. It is a shame that the BGH pool hasn't been used outside clinic times eg for patients making the transition to a public pool and needing less intense supervision making it more economic. Moving the service would however be a real loss to the BGH. The hydrotherapy staff may feel isolated or waste time travelling too and from the facility and patients may not feel as contained in a non-medical setting. Please think again about this decision.