Save Southport Art

/ #12

2011-05-29 21:15

I am currently in the second year of the Graphic Design course and I think its a disgrace the way the art department is going to be in the future as by the sounds of it, the art department is going to be worse than Hugh Baird College. Over the past two years, the teachers have helped me throughout the course and wouldn't have been able to do it without them especially the Graphics department including Grant, Ruari, Jesamine, Christine, Tony L, Jane, Tony S, Ed, Shaun, Yvette, Steve & Ian from photography stores and some of the other staff including Becky. The past two years have been a really good experience especially working with the other students and the tutors and staff. Although all staff are great at what they do, I would like to say Grant Lewis is a brilliant curriculum leader because he has been there throughout the two years helping with work and personal problems and has worked at the college for the past 17 years so he has contributed a lot to the college and its students. He is like a father figure to the Graphic Design students and he deserves to be recognised for his work and the time he gives to his students. I would also like to say Christine Cody has to be recognised for her work too, she is a great pastoral tutor as she spends her time on helping us find a job or with student finance. Finally, what Southport College is going to do to the art department is a bad move as the staff have been working together for years and have made friendship with the students and staff; The art department is like a family especially Graphic Design.