urine tests on gp visits

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition urine tests on gp visits.

2014-05-18 14:05

Stop misdiagnosis!!!!

2014-05-18 21:31

I would like to see every child have a urine test at least once before they start school. This could pick up those at risk of CKD and give them a better chance of keeping well and healthy.

2014-05-23 11:40

My daughter was mis-diagnosed on 6 occasions when going to our doctors. Each time he gave her antihistamines for "hay fever". In the end I took her to A&e where they thought she was having heart failure... only to discover later it was Nephrotic Syndrome. It had gone so severe that the doctors said if I had left it any longer my little girl might not of woken up one morning. They reduced her fluid intake to 200mls for the first day and within a week she had lost a stone and a half worth of fluid. This petition needs to be taken seriously

#4 Re:

2014-05-23 13:59

#3: -

indeed i feel the same thank you in going to really push this for all of us xx

2014-05-23 22:53

Many children end up suffering for longer than they need to, a urine test us simple and cheap to do

2014-05-29 13:17

After many test my daughter was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome,
After steroid treatment and bullying from kids for gaining so much weight she is now able to control her syndrome on daily meds without the steroids,
Regular trips from Dover upto London for blood tests and urine tests,and we test her urine regular from home and we now have her syndrome under control,

2014-05-30 12:06

It's important to raise awareness of Nephrotic Syndrome-so medication/treatments are not delayed!! Swelling of the body and lowered albumin levels are life threatening to both children and adults alike. Many many times over this condition is mistaken for allergy so no urine test is done or blood test!! Scary!!!Children have been taken to Harley Street doctors and many hospitals, but its not recognised!!! PLEASE HELP RAISE AWARENESS!!! WWW.NSTRUST.CO.UK THANKYOU!!!!

2014-06-08 16:32

My son was also said to be suffering from allergies when he first started swelling from his NS. Luckily it didn't seem right to me so I took him to his regular pediatrician's office. The first place we had gone to was an urgent care.
Guest1234

#9 Re:

2014-10-27 19:49

#1: -  

Misdiagnosis is not something GP's do on purpouse!

#10 Re: Re:

2014-10-27 19:53

#9: Guest1234 - Re:  

I really don't belive they do, and I am grateful to them, but mis diagnosed do happen, its just a petition to get more urine tests done so more can be diagnosed,also to raise awareness, because they cant look for something they don't know about x

#11 Urine Tests

2014-10-28 00:58

Strange really because more often than not a Doc would ask you to take one, and rarely do they now.

Anil

#12 Re:

2014-10-29 17:42

#3: -  

we have gone thru same senerio. then we went on family vacation to india and lucky enough the doctor their daignosed only by looking at my son as he was walking into his office. Predisone worked very well. Keep up the good work. Urine test is all it needed.

Regards

Gupta Family

2015-03-17 07:19

because my youngest daughter has nephrotic syndrome sice she was two yrs

2015-05-18 07:36

A simple urine test saves our children suffering longer than needed