Chiswell Green-Greenbelt destruction that affects all...

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Chiswell Green-Greenbelt destruction that affects all....

2014-04-03 20:03

Why aren't more brown field sites being proposed. Leave the greenbelt GREEN.

2014-04-03 20:31

We need to keep the greenbelt,preserve the trees, bats, birds and other wildlife. We must stop the urbanisation of the area and the slow joining up with Watford and Hemel and protect against changing the nature of the community.

2014-04-03 21:20

The Greenbelt is not ours to destroy ..... it belongs to future generations - who won't be able to benefit and enjoy it if we destroy it now and irrevocably !

2014-04-04 07:31

This is really not the place to build more houses. There just isn't the infrastructure. I strongly feel it should remain greenbelt.
Forge End Resi

#5 Chiswell Green Development

2014-04-04 11:04

What concerns me other than the continual destruction of our countryside is the lack of thought on what impact there will be on an already busy, congested and full infrastructure. Killigrew School is already full, as is Prae Wood. We have one Doctors surgery, which I believe to be full, one main road access which is continually congested and in such a poor state of repair, that the only reason I can see why the Council has not repaired it is because the road is too busy and such a main artery in and around St Albans that they can't risk the massive congestion repairs would cause.
There is the continuing threat of the Rail depot in the locality, a new hotel development off the M25 Junction and goodness knows what else. Please, don't look at these applications in isolation, consider the destruction bit by bit. Do not approve or it could be your area next.

2014-04-04 11:58

Green belt is Called GREEN BELT for a reason otherwise it would be called BRICK BELT. Leave it as it is!!
Long Fallow Resident

#7 Inappropriate Development

2014-04-04 12:42

This area in Chiswell Green has had planning permission over-turned in the past and for good reason. It is part of the Green Belt, is in an area already highly congested and getting ever more congested as new developments are squeezed in, and with infra-structure sorely lacking. The adverse effects of increased air, light and noise pollution, increased use of sorely lacking water resources, reduced CO2 absorbtion,and further encroachment into the preserving Green Belt cannot surely be ignored.

2014-04-04 13:06

Iit is a disgrace how all the lovely trees and animal and bird habitat are being destroyed on beautiful green belt. Should not be allowed.

2014-04-05 12:25

St-Albans has had enough of greedy developers. The planning department at the council should look at how they change the face of our beautiful town.... with one plot allowed to build 2-3 houses.... Look at the King Harry lane development, there is no planning strategy, the style of the houses do not suit St Albans with small roads and not enough parking, far far too dense.. It looks ridiculous!

2014-04-06 08:46

Stand up against this theft of our green space.
Concerned village resident

#11 Unacceptable desecration of green belt

2014-04-06 18:46

The area in question is simply the worst possible choice in the area. The effect on local wildlife such as deer, rabbits, pheasants, foxes is unnaceptable. There are brownfield sites in the area which could be used first, plus the site of the proposed rail freight terminal which would be much better utilised as housing.
We need to protect our open spaces and greenbelt, other sites should be considered first. Greenbelt should be the absolute last resort, or better still not used at all.

2014-04-06 20:25

I feel that the area should stay green belt as it is home to a lot of wildlife. I also think that it will put more stress on the local services like doctors, dentists and schools and cause even more congestion in the local roads. I also don't think that it is a site for easy access for services like electrical supplies and sewage and will cause many problems. I also think this will cause harm to the health of the local people as well due to the building work and extra traffic caused by the development. I strongly object to any form of development of the area(s) concerned.

2014-04-06 20:44

This is very sad as the land proposed is green belt and is home to wildlife, and is very pretty. This will cause more burden on local services like schools and doctors which is already at full capacity. Then there is problems with the design of electrical,water and sewage systems to the area how to get them there? It will cause more traffic congestion and pollution. I also feel that it will be detrimental to the local residents health, which is a shame. I strongly object to any development to the area(s) concerned.

2014-04-06 20:48

This is green belt - planning permission has been REFUSED for this site before, because it's green belt.

2014-04-06 20:59

This simply cannot go ahead. The land is green belt and home to wildlife and should stay green belt and be protected against any future development in the future.It will cause so much more problems for the local residents in so many ways. I am extremely worried for the local school that is at full capacity, and with more children the education of the children will be extremely hindered, as will the health of people due to extra people at the doctors surgery and dentist. I also think it is not a suitable site to develop on, due to getting services there.

2014-04-07 07:57

The adverse effects of increased air, light and noise pollution, increased use of sorely lacking water resources, reduced CO2 absorption,and loss of habitat for birds and animals is not acceptable, not to mention the lack of infrastructure.
CJP

#17 Chiswell Green development

2014-04-07 10:07

I object to the destruction of the green belt both in general and specifically here.
The infrastructure here is not strong. Roads are heavily congested morning and evening and are not in any condition to handle more traffic. New housing will benefit from road noise from both the M1 and M25. Power supply is already unreliable. Schools are already oversubscribed. Doctors surgery is incredibly busy, I cannot say its oversubscribed but I bet it is.
Watford Road Resident

#18 Infrastructure already stretched

2014-04-07 10:10

I think most Chiswell Green residents already feel that the local infrastructure has become stretched to breaking point over the last 10 years. Gradual infill, garden grabbing and numerous developments have increased the demand on our schools, roads, drainage etc. etc. How can these aready creaking and thinly resourced services possibly cope with another 500-1000 households? This is green belt land and must not be allowed to become an over-populated under-serviced metropolis.

2014-04-07 16:44

I really can not understand why we are buildings on green belt land when I was a young we always understood it to be protected . Where will it stop next they will be taking our own gardens what is needed to stop so many people migrating to the uk. One day we will just sink with the over crowding .

2014-04-07 17:26

The land is designated as Green Belt and any plans to build on and destroy it will be of detriment to the environment including the wildlife and long established fields. Building on Green Belt land will irreversibly affect the landscape; we have to protect Green Belt land.

2014-04-08 07:33

There has already been encroachment into the Green Belt in the Chiswell Green area. Further development of this nature should be opposed at all costs.

2014-04-08 19:19

I think the building of more houses in the area would be detrimental to the local area, and environment. It will also have implications for the local residents, schools and highways, which are already under great strain.

2014-04-08 19:32

I feel that this is totally unacceptable as this development would be on green belt land and would endanger much of the wildlife in the area. The local area also cannot cope with the extra burden of traffic pollution and residents registering at an already oversubscribed school and doctors surgery, not to mention the inconvenience of the works going ahead and risking the health of the local residents. I cannot see how services, for example sewage, electricity and water will be provided to the proposed site without major disruptions.

2014-04-09 18:47

Please don't ruin this village.
Forge End Resident

2014-04-12 15:54

They still haven't sold all the ugly misplaced houses by King Harry, why are they developing another area? Watford Road is packed full every morning and evening and in a sore state of repair. Green belt land has already been encroached on in this area, these greedy developers should not be allowed to ruin our village.