Oppose the Sale of Carr Road (funfair site) Nelson

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Oppose the Sale of Carr Road (funfair site) Nelson.

Anonymous

2016-11-16 18:40

The town is already awash with empty retail/commercial and industrial sites, disposal and development of the plot would bring along with traffic and flooding issues an increased danger to children utilizing the park.

2016-11-16 19:19

Too many sites being lost for public events.

2016-11-17 08:52

For all the reasons stated in the petition

2016-11-17 13:53

We already have too many vacant employment sites within Nelson.  Apart from the funfair and circus what facilities do we have for the kids in Nelson? KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OUR SITE!

2016-11-17 13:58

Protect our local history and traditions
Raja B

#6 LET IT GO... ITS BEEN A WASTE OF LAND FOR TOO LONG

2016-11-23 23:39

I beleive that place has gone in ruins over the last decade o more with only funfairs event which has significantly dropped visitors compared to the mid 90's- late 90's. I think if a proposal was put forward like a business that can boost the economy of nelson aswell as create oppurtunities for the future this carr road site should go A TRANSFORMATION. As a nelson citizen i find it sad that the place is a waste of land covered with junk, dog poo and syringes from addicts. So about time the council thought about Nelson and let any positive prospects for the site to be considered for conversion into something beneficial for the economy for our local council and our local people. What tradition can a land have that is empty, ruined only used 1-2 times a year for approx 2 weeks total. GET RID AND GET PRODUCTIVE FOR A BRIGHT NELSON FUTURE NOT A FLYTIPPING JUNKYARD.

Raja B

#7 Re: loca history....

2016-11-24 00:06

#5: -  

I would really understand if it was a historic land mark, a grade 2 listed building, a school, a business and so on. But how the hell can a land site full of syringes and dog poo be part of history and tradition. just because a funfair that merely about 50 people attend comes for 4 -5 days once a year be holding history or tradition. (A waste of timevand tacpayers money leaving it a tip).

This is just ridiculous, hope you never become a councillor because there would be a hell more rubbish dumpsites being protected and perhaps guarded for no reason. History and tradion should be valued by our economic growth for our county councils funding them to provide our public services etc rather then having a gravel dump land plot just for funfairs. Something productive , future development of youth with prospects of jobs oppurtunities is the way forward.

Now if someone said get rid of the duck pond i would agree with this petition as that is history and tradition aswell as wildlife in our proximity for our daily kids n fanilies to go and enjoy feeding the ducks and getting chased by swans. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL HISTORY. So lets save the duck pond and good riddence to a plot of useless gravel.