Save the 464 Evening Bus Service

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the 464 Evening Bus Service.

vicky jane fellows

2011-06-13 21:08

Please support our petition and save the 464 evening bus service. As a community: we need it!

2011-06-14 10:19

it is disgusting to cut off this lifeline for folks

2011-06-14 17:32

i work an 8 hour shift at hollands pies and use this srvice every week day without this bus i would have to make a 4 mile walk home, please help us keep this service

2011-06-14 22:20

i used to catch my 464 from rochdale at 22 05 now my bus is 22 40 i have to wait 45 mins in the bus station i do this 5 days aweek i feel in this climate forced to either leave my job which i have been doing for 12 yrs and love alternative is to move house away from my friends and 4 ghildren and 7 grandchildren or coming out of work which is not really an option i am 53 yrs old my employers at oldham hospital have said they could poss change my hours to to 3 long day but to be honest long days kill you on a mental health ward please consider the many people whom work

2011-06-15 13:52

I work with many that catch this bus and when it's not running I have to give lifts which can add up to an extra 14miles on to my journey!

2011-06-15 15:05

It should not be about profit driven, Bacup is a small town and relies on this bus service. I use the train to get to Todmoden and bus to Bacup from Halifax when visiting my partner and the same applies when they come to mine. We also use the different bus services in and around Bacup, Rochdale etc. This is a vital route for many and should not be based on profit. Bacup is on the edge of the Lancashire and like so many other services (gritting etc) always seems to get forgotten despite the taxes it raises.

2011-06-17 18:34

I use the 464 bus to come back from the Accrington area at 21:51... Without this service at this time I will no longer be able to attend sporting classes

2011-06-18 21:36

It is irresponsible to cut this evening service! It effects peoples mobility for work & social actvities and forces users to either fork out more money for other forms of transport or ask family and friends to drive! Not very Eco is it? Wake up Transport bosses, get your act together and start providing a service for the users that are paying for it!

2011-06-21 23:35

Good luck with your petition! Is it Stagecoach we are talking here? If so they have recently made a cock-up of our local bus services too, so I know how you feel!!!

2011-06-22 15:19

If this service goes, we'll have to look at moving out of the area. Both my wife and myself rely on being able to get the bus home in the evenings and work could not accomodate this ridiculous change of times. If its not being run profitably, council could find an operator that knows how to make a profit out of it. Has anyone thought of charging premium fares for out of standard hour services? Wouldn't like it, but would pay an extra couple of quid on the rover pass if I had to for evenings.

#11 Re:

2011-06-22 22:45

#1: vicky jane fellows -

If the evening 464 service goes , I will either have to relocate out of rossendale or somehow afford a car ..either way I will end up not ever using the service at all ..which at the end of the day can only mean higher fares and less buses in future for others , im sure im not alone  ..its a no win situation for anyone . Its maybe time rossendale council stepped down altogether and left other public transport providers with the opportunity to provide a reliable and reasonably priced bus service to the people in rossendale ? ( something we had here many years ago ) before the whole service was placed in the hands of rossendale council .

2011-06-28 22:56

100's of people are dependant on this bus to get to and from work

2011-07-18 16:44

i would certainly pay more for the privilage to keep my job and stay in the valley
HassyBoy

#14 bus travel 464

2011-07-18 19:24

If this happens i might aswell quit my job i work nights and wont be able to get to work!!