Melbourne United Soccer Club

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Melbourne United Soccer Club.

2016-02-15 13:29

BSA needs to keep their greedy fingers out of our business!!!! They have NO RIGHT to make such a vote when there are PAID members voting! Leave MUSC alone!

2016-02-15 13:55

We want our fields and club back . We want tsunami teams and our green to represent who we are . It always used to be about the kids when it was run by tsunami parents now BSA wants control and it is NEVER about the kids but about dithering their careers

2016-02-15 13:56

I signed this petition because my daughter plays for MUSC and we DO NOT wish to be a part of BSA! It should be an option, not a mandatory change made by some greedy jerks who only care about money! We've done just fine without BSA all up in our business! BACK OFF and just let us play soccer!

2016-02-15 14:02

For our kids . Since the merger it has strayed from benefitting the kids and all about advancing coaches careers and profit .

2016-02-15 22:13

I support LOCAL soccer clubs. That includes management coaching etc that benefit the CHILDREN AND NOT THE ORGANIZATIONS AND ADULTS RUNNING IT.

2016-02-15 22:52

For my granddaughter and her team. Kids in sports are off the streets and out of trouble

#7 Re:

2016-02-16 13:22

#3: -  

It is an option.

You can continue to play soccer.

If you just care about your own local aspect of the game then you should form your own team with your own coach and play recreational soccer at your local area field.

Tammy K

#8 Re: Re:

2016-02-16 13:49

#7: - Re:  

The problem is, BSA was designed to give the competition players more ability to change teams so they could advance. It was never supposed to be about the rec program. I have been on the MEGU board, then the MUSC board as the registrar. Since BSA has decided to take over, my account access to the registrations was cut without notice. Never was I told registrations were moving to BSA, it just happened. So far, two other MUSC board members have resigned. The BSA board has somehow become so powerful that they are deciding to change the way the clubs are functioning without discussion with the local boards.

#9 Re: Re:

2016-02-16 14:59

#7: - Re:  

The new by laws BSA illegally approved is now in control of our rec program.  Please get involved if you want to get the original by laws put back into place. 

#10 Re:

2016-02-16 15:16

#5: -  

The illegal by laws that they are trying to inforce states " no parent of a kid playing can be on the board" 

but they refuse to inforce the conflict of interest clause from the original by laws. We can not have board members making decisions for our club while receiving proceeds  from the fees they vote on and force kids to pay. 

Please let your voice be heard 

2016-02-16 16:37

Melbourne United Soccer Club is a very important part of our family and our community. We don't want it dissolved and decisions be made by BSA.

2016-02-16 18:59

i grew up here on the beach. myself & brother & sisters all played beachside. we are all in good shape on the beaches.
they need to just leave well enough alone.

#13 Re:

2016-02-17 00:11

#12: -  

on the BSA website the new illegal by laws state they were revised and approved December 16th 2015..... But the last meeting notice was for October 12, 2015?  Why didnt they give notice that here was a December 16th meeting? 

2016-02-17 21:19

it seems the BSA board are reading our online petition!!! They took down the October 12th date for the last board meeting and now there are no by laws on the website!!   prediction-- The president will resign next!

Please let your voice be heard!

#15 BSA

2016-02-17 23:52

I understand everyone has things they do not like about certain aspects of BSA.

Like most soccer clubs depends on who you talk to and their experiences.

BSA certainly has not been run as effectively or as efficiently as most would have expected and communication is poor at best.

This is why we need impassioned people from all three of our distinct communities and areas of operation to volunteer to help fix it and to not segregate themselves because of local only mindsets or blind discontent.

Please keep these facts in mind:

1.) As of the 2013 alliance agreement: BSA is the only recognized FYSA club.

2.) ​After the 2013 alliance agreement the entering clubs (MUSC & ROCK) needed to migrate under one 501c and one tax id which is/was BSA. That means consolidation.

3.) As of the original 2013 BSA agreement all fields and players fall under BSA, check gotsoccer it all says B5BSA.

This includes: MaxRodes/Flutie/SWP and Dick Blake.

4.) This really is one club with 3 areas of operation.

The LABs (Local Area Boards) were in place to help organize and manage the 3 separate areas of operation.

My understanding is BSA has made a concerted effort to create and adopt new bylaws to better serve everyone in our 3 community club. This means a new singular board structure (7-9 members) with local area representation: 2-3 board members residing in each of our effective areas; beachside, mainland & rockledge. This new board design is an effort to make policies consistent and fair among all club operating locations as well as to streamline processes, procedures and pay among club staff (REC through Comp) . The new voting board members are not allowed to be coaches or paid employees of the club. There can and will have to be parents on the board, we are a club of primarily volunteers, there has to be.

We have not lost your club, if anything we have an opportunity to get involved and help BSA grow in a positive direction. 

#16 Re: BSA

2016-02-18 02:48

#15: Guest - BSA 

Then why was this done without notification?  Why have you taken over the rec program?  Why are those that are paid by BSA voting?

2016-02-18 04:09

Where is the money?  BSA ran out of money trying to distribute dollars to a few "select" comp teams run by a few crony coaches of the board members.  All the current shenanigans are is a power grab from those who mismanaged and did not follow their own rules to grab the remaining dollars from the rec programs.  Sorry, someone had to say it.  Feel sorry for the many kids who paid in and got little.

2016-02-20 00:48

Keep Melbourne United as a family based program for the local kids and families within Melbourne Beach. We use our fields and pay taxes for this area which include our fields. We want to be able to use them when we need to, not to work around other teams who have nothing to do with Melbourne Beach.

#19 Re: Re:

2016-02-23 00:18

#13: - Re:  

In effort to find out what the parents would like to see what happens with the Beach Side Soccer, we will be having a meeting.

Beach Side Soccer Meeting

There will be a Beach Side Soccer meeting Sunday, March 6 @ 6:30 PM @ the Melbourne Beach Community Center.  The formal address is 509 Ocean Ave., Melbourne Beach.  Please be present to voice your choice as to what you would like to see happen with MUSC as we move forward.

Most Appreciatively,

Lisa Venanzi