skinney school trousers

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition skinney school trousers.

2016-01-07 13:31

Don't agree with girls having to wear skirts or baggy trousers. should wear what they feel comfortable in
lisa welford
The author of this petition

#2 Re: i agree 100%

2016-01-07 13:35

#1: -  

2016-01-07 13:48

The school goes a bit too far

2016-01-07 13:58

Barnsley academy need to look what are selling in the shops. Is it really so bad not to wear baggy trousers? The kids need an education not isolation..they're plain black trousers, I took my daughter for some new ones n it's mainly the skinny ones in stock. They need to slacken their rules just a little on this one!

2016-01-07 14:29

What trousers girls have on as nothing to do with how that learn

2016-01-07 15:40

The head is nothing more than a bully. Turning the school around yeh ryet. Barnsley doesn't need your type. Stop being petty. What's next checking underwear??????? 

2016-01-07 15:57

I send my daughter to school to be educated not isolated for wearing tight trousers resulting in no education. I think the head needs to get with times asda, tescos marks etc all sell these trousers as part of their school uniform range if you don't like it then address this issue with the retailers not bully our children and us parents. I never criticised or complained what your staff wear which in my opinion some are dressed inappropriately or with mucky/ worn shoes that have seen better days, I know however that this doesn't stop the ability of them being a good teacher. So stop being ever so petty. SO EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!

#8 Re:

2016-01-07 16:25

#7: -  

Agree and well said 

Sam spencer

#9 Not just girls

2016-01-07 16:33

My son was also told today that no skinny fit trousers would be allowed and are seen as inappropriate school wear, my son himself wears trousers bought from the school shop near the mall in town centre wich cost £16 a pair and are in no way skinny fit at all he has been told that the head will be measuring the bottoms of trousers to make sure they comply with her new rule, my son has always been above average in every subject up untill the new head taking over and silly rules been put in place for things wich do not affect children's learning what so ever ie not having a black and blue pen because he only had a blue pen half hour detention he has now just lost all interest in learning and it is effecting his grades I spoke to the head whos answer simply was if you don't like it you can always move him school she was rude and very patronising and since has been no help at all things have just gotten worse!! Anyway back to the petition at hand why does what type of trousers they wear affect there learning my son has been excluded 7 times since the new head started but not once before she started what does this tell you the need a new head and a new attitude 

2016-01-07 16:43

Cos family gose

#11 Re: Not just girls

2016-01-07 16:55

#9: Sam spencer - Not just girls 

Nothing but a hard face cow she be well shocked if no kids turned up because parents swapped schools no kids no jobs. She should think b4 she speaks. Nasty horrible trash of a woman  bring back Berry I say top bloke.

Anonymous

2016-01-07 17:31

Petition wont do anything shes just gonna laugh at you and say move your kids then 

Joy Rayner

#13 Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 17:47

My daughter went to school in skinny trousers this week and was told they are OK.  Its the legging type trousers they don't want.  Wearing a school uniform rather than fashion items keep all kids the same.  Some people cant afford top of the range of clothes, shoes etc and that is why uniforms were brought in.  I would hate my child to be panicking about what to wear on a morning. Uniform is best.  And as for Mr Berry the school was on the point of closure why can't we work with the head and the executive panel to get this school up to the standard we need for our children. I for one want my child to be taught respect not to argue with teachers every day about what they are wearing.   

#14 Re:

2016-01-07 18:02

#12: Anonymous -  

Its going 2 papers

#15 Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 18:04

#13: Joy Rayner - Skinny trousers 

True i dont like berry aswell did nothing right or stud up 2 bullies 

Rachel Duffy

#16 Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 18:08

I agree joy. The school was down when Mr Berry was there and ready for closure. Since the new head and other staff have started its great and come on leaps and bounds. I know there's need for more improvement but that is all going to change in the future which I think parents and all staff should all work together. I've a son in this school and I'm currently on the parents forum at school. I see this school being a great school if everyone works together. I don't agree on girls wearing joggings/leggings they should be in proper school trousers. I also don't agree with short skirts,too much make up and I also think trainers shouldn't be acceptable  neither should be plain black!!!. I also don't agree with the finishing times 2.30pm is too early and that also the kids should have an hour dinner time,all should be separated in they year groups too. There's no need in slagging of staff at this school that won't  get u anywhere!.

#17 Re: Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 18:18

#16: Rachel Duffy - Re: Skinny trousers 

I do think dinner time needs to be addressed. Half an hour when they have to que is not good.  And 2.30 finish is too early. They should give dinnertime back and let them finish at 3. 

2016-01-07 18:27

Ridiculous school rule. Parents should get their heads together & send every girl to school in skinney trousers. See what the school does then! If kids are smart & clean & in the correct colours the style should not matter. It's called human rights & free will

2016-01-07 18:32

my girls will only wear skinny trousers...and would refuse to wear old fashioned baggy ones....keeping up with fashion wont effect their learning in the slightest....but if you was to make them wear trousers they werent comfortable in and they think they look daft..this however could....they wouldnt even want to go to school....as long as they are in the coloured uniform and look smart...allow them to have a little freedom and individuality....why so strict.

#20 Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 18:38

Our Lisa and Katy got straight leg trousers both same but Katy been told hers are fine and Lisa got told if she don't get some more on Monday she will be excluded 

#21 Re: Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 18:43

#20: - Re: Skinny trousers 

Exactly they r measuring em and boys aswell now they at school to learn yes i agree look clean and tidy but what is wrong with these trousers ther black not green for god sake 

2016-01-07 18:47

This is perfect my child is in uniform and and there from school shop at 17.00 a pair so I Wil be sendin her in them so if u send her home that's ur choice but in won't be payin the fine u Wil

#23 Re:

2016-01-07 18:48

#6: -  

Thay av sock checks as it is I do bleve 

2016-01-07 19:01

I think you need to seriously think about your children's future this school like many others are trying to educate our children and to help them be ready for the world of work.  If they have been isolated it's because they are refusing, I was informed about the trousers being checked before Christmas my child's form teacher told them.

Are you going to complain when they get a job and have a uniform to wear? Just like Joy said the school is just trying to enforce a sense of pride in our children, wearing uniform helps all children feel part of the school community. My child has told me its more about the ones who are clearly wearing leggings they are the ones who spoil it for the others.

As parents we should be supporting our school and telling our children that they should be wearing the correct uniform as required just as we did at school after all we are the parents. 

We should be good role models for our children, we should be wanting them to have more than what we have, to have better jobs and futures; surely I'm not the only one who wants my child to be successful in life?

#25 Re: Re: Re: Skinny trousers

2016-01-07 19:12

#17: - Re: Re: Skinny trousers 

Agree with that.                  X