Abolish the CSA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Abolish the CSA.

2011-05-17 01:20

the csa is unfit for purpose and it needs to go now! unaudited accounts! how can it be allowed to collect so called arrears when they have not been audited due to mistakes, unjust

2011-05-17 13:45

Its about time the CSA was closed down and the people responsible for the complete mess should be brought to justice.
Non Resident Parents (NRP's) Have been driven to suicide by the complete greed and incompetence of this abhorant government agency

2011-05-23 23:32

the CSA rob the poor and give it to the rich. This government is meant to be helping low income families, not pushing them further into debt.

2011-05-24 00:44

the system is very unfair how they expect the fathers when they remarry to support their 2nd family when half their wage goes on the first and especially when they r not allowed to c their children as their e wife makes it impossible for them so wrong

#5 CSA

2011-05-25 14:25

It is a fact that the CSA/CMEC are 'not fit for purpose' and completely shambolic!

How can it be that £3.7 billion remains uncollected. There are people who have NOT paid maintenance, and will NEVER pay maintenance. That is discrimination!

Parents have a right to a Private family life. So, what has maintenance got to do with Politicians, Executives and Civil servants! We are being scammed in order to recycle tax credits, when most of us have all ready paid tax and N.I. contributions for years! We are being made to pay twice. Once by tax and secondly by Maintenance payments!

Attempting to Criminalise Decent, Honest, Law abiding people, with flawed legislation and a shambolic system, is breeding hatred and disassociating people from common decency!

2011-05-31 21:31

The amount non-resident parents have to pay is ridiculous especially when they have families of their own and have to struggle.

2011-06-23 13:51

My dad has suffered terribly at the hands of incompetent civil servants and corrupt politicians. The whole system is a shambles. Not fit for purpose!
help !!

2011-06-24 23:09

my self & my husband suffered terribly because of this corrupt system,we have only been married a year and already we have lost our home and everything due to the csa taking each month most of my husbands wages and leaving us nothing to live on ourselfs,when my husband asked who was suppose to help me while they are taking all his money there reply was she isnt our problem,it is unjust what the csa are doing to the nrp and especially when the mother re-marrys and refuses to allow access to his daughter yet she is allowed to have most of his money living a life of riley while the nrp is in the gutter,we barely had enough money to feed ourselfs not like the ex going on luxury holidays and driving new cars and stating that the csa money she was recieving from my husband was paying for it

2011-07-15 00:15

I work 37.5 hours a week, my take home pay is £1.73. Thank you CSA for nothing - time you should be abolished.

2011-07-19 21:03

The most corrupt, unsupervised agency I have ever witnessed

2011-07-24 20:09

....and Cameron is demonising those involved with the CSA, comparing us to drink drivers. This coming from an oaf who knows absolutley nothing about family law, and chooses to ignore families plights!

#12 For admin

2011-07-30 01:16

HM government E-Petitions begins on 4th August 2011. If the petition gets 100,000 signatures it is automaticaaly discussed in Parliament.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/index.html

2011-08-18 21:21

csa is a scam ripping people
they cant see what money we have to pay out
and also i cant even see my daughter becouse her mother done a run on me gutted
becouse i dont no were she is
then had the cheek to get csa on to me what a joke stut the sistem down

2011-11-25 08:19

If this petition can force the closure of the CSA, then it can only be a good thing. This agency that employs over 1700 people is the biggest foul up in history. Thatcher should be jailed for her so called brainchild.
Daniel Hayes's EX WIFE

#15 CSA completely ruins lives

2012-01-23 16:55

The CSA is around for bitter twisted people who use it as a way for getting their own back on the person that left the marriage/relationship.

When I left my now ex husband, he took my children away from me by moving and not telling me where they were, he said I had a mental issue and the courts had to look into this issue which took nearly a year. He made up every excuse he could in order for my children not be be around me. EVEN my family and friends had to be CRB checked and interviewed. These were family and friends he knew and spoke to whilst we were married. In that year i was only allowed contact at a contact centre for an hour a week. My ex husband earns £80,000 a year at least. I was on 18,000 he was taking £249 a month off me through the csa.
He didnt need the money, he did all of this out of spite and nastiness because i left him.
The CSA didnt listen to my situation, they didnt care how much he earned or about the fact i had to sell my car and eventually leave my job because i was going further and further into debt as i couldnt cope with bills, rent or petrol or food. with all of my out goings i had £25 a month and that was with selling my car. i had nothing. The CSA needs to be abolished. It is completely unjust and ruins lives.
dead1

#16 help please

2012-04-14 23:12

I have received a letter from the csa demanding £484 for June then £455 from July onwards. My protected earnings are £792 a month but I only take home £1140. They say I have £10,500 in arrears but in 3 and a half years I worked it out I owe £7,594 as I was paying £42.19 per week before I went to live in Canada. I know I have to pay but can they be persuaded to reduce the amount so I can at least put food on the table? My wife is not working as her contract expired. They also initially told me I had to pay £40.56 per week which I can do. But as it stands I may just as well jack in my job as I cant afford to pay any other bills. Your advice would be welcome. Thanks.
dead1

#17 Re: abolish the csa

2012-04-14 23:22

#2: -  

The reason the CSA wont get closed down is that its gotten too big and most of the big guns are frightened shitless to mention getting it closed down.  Imagine, they can confiscate your driving licence, send in the bailiffs and take your vehicle if its worth anything, raid your bank account and seize any money you have - if you dont tell them you're starting a new job or moved they will impose a £500 fine on you. 

The CSA is nothing but a blight and short of nuking the bastards, I'm afraid we're all going to be stuck with it.

#18 Just for info!

2012-11-06 11:38

In a robust judgement sure to cause consternation, the Court of Appeal has condemned the Child Support Agency (CSA) for “obnoxious” and “unreasonable” legal failings in threatening fathers with jail without giving them the right to defend themselves.

Human rights. Article 6 protects the right to a fair trial within a reasonable time frame, the presumption of innocence until guilt is proven and similar legal rights.

I hoping that thee will be a 'class action', against the 'corrupt' CSA, who are running a 'flawed' system, that denies NRP's, their legal rights! I will be seeking compensation!

2013-08-20 13:50

the unfair way that nrp`s are treated has to stop. The fact mothers can collect money from the nrp while still not allowing access to see the child, in my case even not knowing where my daughter is, is disgusting, thier bleeding me dry and not even helping me see my daughter, something has to be done, good luck with the petition

2016-11-08 11:49

My partner has been having trouble with the Csa 2 years now, he's never missed a payment, he changed jobs and was on less wages and the Csa still hounded him for the full money, which he didn't have, he sent in all his proof of earnings and now he owes loads in back pay. The Csa always say they will call him back and they need do, they are very rude to him on the phone. He's done everything he should of done, but they are still hounding him for more money, the Csa say one thing on the phone and then that changes in the next phone call. They really havnt got a clue what the hell they are doing! Then there is my separate case on my sons father, never paid a penny and the Csa just fob be off saying they can't get hold of him.he hangs up the phone everytime they call, So I still havnt had a penny from my sons dad. They seem to pick on the fathers that are trying to do right by there children. I have sent a letter of complaint to Csa and never heard a thing back either. So so angry think I am going to call them now to find out what's what, sick and tired of getting fobbed off for all theses years