Belmont School Yr11 lunch

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Belmont School Yr11 lunch.

2015-09-04 06:28

We were able too go out on lunch time while ion year 10 and 11. And good for local business

#2 #shan

2015-09-04 07:20

year 11's are expected to grow up but not allowed to walk over the road to the shops for 30 minutes on a dinner time... 

#3 Kurdi the dead child

2015-09-04 15:03

Belmont scrot hole is getting worse 

2015-09-04 17:25

School treaten yas like bairns but expecting you to act like adults hahaha LoL 

Marge

#5 Lunch

2015-09-04 18:17

As a parent I think it's ridiculous that the privilege has been removed before the new year 11's had chance to prove themselves. I attended this school between 83 and 88 and every year was allowed out at lunchtimes. I can probably count on one hand the number of incidents that took place over 'the shops' on a lunchtime. Has the new head considered the damage he may be doing to the local businesses that are used to the trade of the school children, and as for the children eating healthier in school that's rubbish. If I take my year 11 child for his lunch the majority of the time he would buy a sandwich and juice rather than plump for the pastry/chips/pizza option.  I seriously think the new head should off sought the advice of parents first, as the majority of children I know wish to go out !!

#6 Lunch

2015-09-04 19:23

Yr11 children are young adults and should be treated as such. Any problems should be dealt with respect to the individuals concerned and not used to penalize a whole year group. I, like many others who have attended Belmont in the past left school for lunch and there's no good reason why that should not continue.

Administrator

#7 Re: Lunch

2015-09-04 19:31

#5: Marge - Lunch 

Adding onto your argument of talking about the local business apparently the new head teacher says he went around 'the shops' and told them individually about our new terrible rule and they apparently agreed and said that they were happy with 'gangs' of students not invading there shops.He practically assumed we were all going to do something illegal and disrupt the peace 

Administrator

#8 Re:

2015-09-04 19:35

#1: -  

apparently 'it's not' as they don't want gangs of students which I believe is a false accusation 

#9 Re: Re: Lunch

2015-09-04 19:59

#7: Administrator - Re: Lunch 

As a regular user of 'the shops' I can say that I wouldn't class the pupils as "gangs"! But as groups of pupils on their way to get their lunch.  I think if the new head was against the tradition of letting the year 11s of the school premises he should of let them trip themselves up first and then he would of had a valid reason for revoking the privilege rather than just removing it and blaming safety reasons !!

#10 #shit rules

2015-09-04 21:51

I would not send another child to this school. It makes it's rules and lies up as they go along. What is the deal with the kid's going out, you would think it would mean that all the kid's get a better chance at having there lunch off the school. One of my kid's very rearly got lunch as they was never out left.

Administrator

#11 Re: Re: Re: Lunch

2015-09-05 08:07

#9: - Re: Re: Lunch 

I agree with you 100% however the new head teacher classes groups of pupils as gangs as he said in his first assembly with us

2015-09-05 18:10

As a parent how come you decided that year 11 cant go out of school for their dinner when you dont have a right to stop them, so if my grandaughter wants to have her dinner out of school she can without you stopping her.

2015-09-06 20:59

They only want what we had...

2015-09-06 21:36

This is pathetic. How are young adults in year 11 meant to show they can be responsible and independent when they have something taken from them before they can prove otherwise? I would say the local shops will not be happy when their profits are down and I would also say it has more to do with the school wanting to make more money from the extra dinners they would sell. I am an ex pupil of this school and I will not be sending my child to this school in 3 years when she leaves primary school. The things I have heard about this school do not make it sound appealing and I would rather home school my child! In fact I would go so far as to say I would be send my dog to this school!

2015-09-06 22:07

year 11 are going on to be the next generation, they should be given the trust by their elders to leave the premises for lunch with their peers. There is not adequate space for the amount of pupils to sit and have lunch that is if there is anything left that they like.. If they cause problems outside on luch breaks then their privilages should be removed and not reinstated.

2015-09-07 03:43

I went to Belmont between 2003-2008 and it was a crap hole back then and even then they tried to say the same about us...there was only a few incidents and this included littering but if students aren't given the chance to show responsibility how is this head teacher ever going to know that they can be trusted? With automatically stereotyping the students as gangs this is going to lead to more rule breaking as people will sneak out for their lunch. When I was there the queues were that long in school that sometimes by the time you got served there was hardly anything left and only 5 mins left to eat.
recently retired

#17 sensible headteacher

2015-09-10 16:12

as a regular user of the shops it is nice to be able to use the shops at dinner time without not unruly, but slightly intimidating groups of children shouting and screaming. the problem with most schools these days is the lack of discipline and the ability of the pupils to follow rules, which are made for their benefit, even if they do not have the maturity to realise this. God bless this new headteacher for caring about his pupils safety and the local communities peace of mind and body.

recently retired

#18 Re: #shit rules

2015-09-10 16:44

#10: - #shit rules 

i think this respondent needs to return to school to learn some, grammar, punctuation and very definitely to improve their spelling. less time worrying about "shit rules" and more about their childrens education and we may have some educated young people.