petrol price increases

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition petrol price increases.

2011-05-09 23:51

Rip off
joe

#2 Re:

2011-05-11 00:24

#1: -  

joe

#3 con,dems must leave

2011-05-11 00:37

yes the rising fuel cost are almost daylight robbery, however we cant forget that this is just one of many wrong decisions and lies that this con,dem government has forced on us.the rise in tuition fees for universities witch both parties in the coelition promissed not to increase and yet it has gone up threefold, and the constant cuts in public services to name but a few. it shows that this government do not care about the people of this country and are making all the wrong decisions. this shows that this government are not up for the task and need to be removed from power votew labour.

#4 Re: con,dems must leave

2011-05-11 03:50

#3: joe - con,dems must leave

If you look at the implementation of the cuts, most Conservative and Lib-Dem councils have managed to implement them without significant cuts to front-line services by removing redundant bureaucracy and by cost-cutting. Labour councils seem to delight in cutting front-line services and preserving the bureaucracy, almost to spite the government and undermine the efforts being made.

And let's not forget who left the current government such a mess in the first place... "There's no money left. Good luck" I believe was the gist of the briefing on the state of the treasury left by the exiting Labour chancellor. Labour also ignored the referendum No vote on joining Europe by instead taking Partial membership, with the result that we are obliged to bail out other European countries while not qualifying for any European financial aid ourselves, despite our economy being in a worse state.

While I agree that certain taxes (Fuel Duty being just one... judging by the number of potholes round where I live not a penny of my Road Tax goes on the roads I have to drive on so why do I have to pay so much?!? And who really believes that it should still be compulsory to fund the BBC if you want to watch telly?) the funds to pay for everything need to be found somewhere.

Vote Labour, not a chance.

Hold your nose and vote Conservative... their track record shows that they'll do whatever it takes to get the country back on the rails no matter how unpopular it makes them.

Personally I think the lot of them should be made to live on nothing but the rate set for Jobseekers Allowance, Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit (with no expense claims of any kind) for 2 months and then on minimum wage for the next 2 (again with no expenses paid) at the start of each term of Parliament... it might make them realise what it's actually like living outside Whitehall in the real world these days.